Monday, April 24, 2017

Going On Hiatus


I Need A Break

I've been thinking a lot about this for some time now. I feel awful, but I know I can't really keep up with regular recaps anymore. My plate is so full right now that I just don't have the time to maintain this blog the way I used to. With that said, I'm taking a hiatus. I'm not sure for how long, but my guess would be at least until the fall. I'm taking time to focus on other projects/writing goals that I'm pretty excited about. 

I've been a avid fan of General Hospital since I was a little girl. I started this blog back in 2013 for the 50th Anniversary in an effort to help support the dying genre. I've had a lot of fun, and I truly appreciate those of you who have continued to read me, even when I make grammar mistakes, lol. I will continue to share information on my Facebook and Twitter pages @ghdailydish as well, and it goes without saying that I will always watch GH. In fact, I might still update this blog on a monthly basis for the time being with my thoughts on the show. I can't promise that, but I'm going to try. 

If I'm being honest a lot of the current storylines are boring me, to say the least. I hate to be negative, because I love what General Hospital used to be, but I'm not enjoying it the way I once did. Redundancy is mammoth on the show for the last decade, but especially in the last couple of years. I wish I didn't feel like that, but I do. Sadly, it's burning me out. The actors are wonderful. There are moments of levity and suspense, but it's just not consistent, in my opinion. Jane Elliot's upcoming departure is probably what pushed me over the edge. GH without a stable of Quartermaine's just makes me sad. 

I hope some time off will help renew me. If you're a Twin Peaks fan, you can read my work at twinpeaksfanatic.blogspot.com or find me on social media @twinpeaksblog. You can also read some of my work, along with many other great writers, in --> The Blue Rose Magazine. Since Twin Peaks is returning to Showtime next month, my focus will be on that. I hope you understand.

Thanks again for all the support! I'll see you again.






No comments:

Post a Comment