Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Is Luke Leaving GH?

Should I stay or should I go now?

According to Showbiz Spy ANTHONY Geary is threatening to quit General Hospital — because they want him to take a 50 percent pay cut.

The 66-year-old actor — who plays Luke Spencer on the hit show– is furious at the ultimatum issued by ABC executives, who believe his $1.5 million salary is no longer sustainable given the daytime soap’s sliding ratings.

“Tony feels he’s proven his worth to the show and the network,” a source told Globe magazine.

“Tony helped propel General Hospital into top soap opera status… (his) pride wouldn’t accept getting his pay sliced. Tony’s serious about walking. He’s worked hard and isn’t hurting for money.

“This is heading toward a standoff and the result will depend on who blinks first. Tony believes he’s in the driver’s seat.”

“In the soap business, everyone is expendable and you never take anything for granted,” Geary has said previously.

“If I ever do leave GH, I want Luke to die. I don’t want him coming home for Christmas episodes or the birth of his great-grandchildren.

“Those of us who have been on the soaps forever, we ought to go out in a way that gives the audience real closure. But I know the network has a real resistance to that.

“It’s not my choice, but I’ve had an awfully good run and I wouldn’t mind being a sacrificial lamb to let the audience believe that characters can really, really die.”

Geary joined General Hospital in 1978, left in 1984 and returned nine years later.


What do you think? Is this for real or will ABC cave?

5 comments:

  1. ABC will cave!! What is GH without the infamous Luke Spencer???

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think TG should come out of the closet already and move permanently to Amsterdam.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Please do us all a favor and kill off Luke Spencer. He hasn't been a good character for years. GH would be better off without him plus he makes way too much money. And the writing for him as been terrible they turned him into a real ass.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would like to see Luke "die with dignity." At this point, I would also prefer to see General Hospital throw in the towel and also "die with dignity." ALL of the other soaps which have been axed limped toward finales which were mostly gross and let the audiences feeling very, very cheated. It is time that some of the head honchos in the ivory towers at ABC, CBS and NBC found the courage to just come right out and admit that they want desperately to be OUT of the soap business - then allow the four remaining soaps on the air to bow out gracefully - rather than limping on toward a shabby end - eventually.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Personally I'm glad that GH survived the Sept 2012 cut off that was predicted a couple years back. I also think there has been a lot of improvement on a whole. As for Luke, I love the character and think TG is a fab actor. However, if he were to make an exit I could live with it. Mostly because Luke is only on the show half of the year due to TG's extended vacation time. His constant comings and going sometimes halt the plot for other characters, but all in all I'm still a Luke fan.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.